I am your peace

I have been troubled lately and finding peace. This is it, I have really being distracted by different things that I felt drawn from God, but I guess I was being taken through a process. This poem talks about my experience in the last few days, see how i found peace.

When distractions start coming from all angles,
It feels so draining and exhausting.
When relief refuses to come,
It seems to give rain to the struggle. When prayer becomes a difficult feat to accomplish
And fellowshipping so boring an activity,
Then we need grace to follow through
When temptations billows and blows you
And you feel emotions like a roller coaster
Fear, anxiety, worry, care
And peace seems as far
As the east is from the west
Whereas, torment seems close as your shadow
Craving love from folks
Seeking satisfaction from accomplishments
Finding none for my soul
Troubled and uneasy
I clearly heard God say
"I am your peace"
The voice was reassuring
I didn't feel like I needed another assurance
It is soothing
Deep, eternal, intentional
He says His peace is
And my soul finds rest.

I thought I would find peace by engaging in different activities, but I didn't. Your peace is not found in your accomplishments, family, job, spouse. The only true and lasting peace is in God and this is gotten through your communion with Him in prayers.

Jehovah Shalom... Judges 6:24.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on The Movie; THE TRAIN by Mount Zion Production

IF HE DID IT BEFORE

PLEASE OBEY