He gives his fiercest battles to His strongest soldiers

I know you are being broken to pieces, but I do know that God breaks a man into pieces to make him great. There are certain experiences we go through in life and we begin to wonder where God was when we passed through them. We ask questions like, "God, why is my life getting thrashed? Why did I have to go through that pain? Why did I have to fail that exam? Why did I lose that admission? Why did you allow that rape? Why did I have to lose my job? Why are my grades falling? All whys and whys.

During my devotion days ago, I read about David's encounter with Saul before going out against Goliath and the Holy Spirit dropped this in my spirit. When David was to fight, Saul was afraid and warned him because he (saul) thought David was too young to go against Goliath. But then, David said "I have enough experience, God has trained me enough to face Goliath, I have passed through the furnace and I am out better and stronger". He said that;
1 Samuel 17:33-37
33. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.
34. And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
35. And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
36. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
37. David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

This is it, David had to face the bears and lions in the wilderness for him to be confident enough to face Goliath. I could imagine David complaining after encountering those animals, asking God why he had to go through those troubles. Not knowing that those were all in preparation for the fulfilment of his destiny.
In the school of purpose fulfilment, God would take you through rigorous training so that you would not take the calling upon your life for granted. He would break you, so that you would realise that you can only be made complete in Him. God would never let you over an empire if you can't take care of your own bedroom. If you can't learn to trust God during your trying times, how would you be able to encourage those whose destinies are tied to yours?
The Christian journey is a mysterious one, some things happen to us and we are like God are your hands in this?
Yes, his hands are in it. God would take you into uncomfortable situations to bring out the best version of you. Remember that gold has to go through fire for it to come out useful; its impurities has to be burned before it is presentable.

Malachi 3:3- He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and He will purify the priests, the sons of Levi, and refine them like gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord offerings in righteousness.

I remember a YouTube video I watched last year and the woman said:
"In comfort you can't grow
In comfort, you can't reach your destiny
In comfort, you will not do what God has placed you on earth to do
God will make you so uncomfortable in a situation that it would push you into your destiny"

You have to lose that  job for your eyes to be open to what God has called you for. You failed that exam so that you would learn to trust in God even when nothing seems to be right.
Wonder why soldiers are taken to train hard in secluded areas with strenuous tasks, it is to prepare them for the tasks ahead. If you are in your comfort zone, you would never do extra ordinary things. At times, when God is taking us through something, it is not just for ourselves but for others too. This is because you can't take others through what you have not gone through!
God takes his strongest soldiers through the fiercest battles. if you are going through that making process, it is to transform you from your raw state to a presentable one which is more useful for the Kingdom's use. God loves us indeed and wants the best for us. Please, stay in the training ground and prepare for purpose fulfilment.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on The Movie; THE TRAIN by Mount Zion Production

IF HE DID IT BEFORE

PLEASE OBEY