His strength is made perfect in my weakness

Hello, Godcravers
God's mercy is constant, immediate and intentional; It doesn't delay, neither does it fade. I prayed this morning for forgiveness and victory over a particular weakness and I was directed to read Isaiah 12:1-2 
1. And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou was angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comforted me.
2. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

It was just like a speeding trailer, the response was prompt and immediate. God assured me of His faithfulness in keeping His promise of being merciful, He indeed comforted me and told me that he is my strength and my strong tower. When I was about to pray about that weakness this morning, I felt frustrated because I was fed up with battling with it. But then I remembered a particular video by godlydating101 that I watched which talks about how to be pure. In that video, it was said that our weaknesses were intentionally put there to make us rely on God, it is to make us know that we can only do all things if Christ strengthens us.
Speaking of weaknesses, we would remember what Paul said in
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 
7.And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Examining the those verses, it is said that our weakness is there to keep us in check, so that we may not be conceited and feel like we are saved by our own strength. It is to help us rely on God and know that our Christian race can only be successful when we continue to abide in him. Just like Paul, I do pray about this weakness and this morning, God assured me of His strength in time of need.

Also in that video I watched, the speaker said "Use your weakness to your advantage, run to God". Don't keep moping and being depressed because you have lustful thoughts, rather use that to your advantage by constantly seeking God's help. Anger issues? Seek God in prayers, rely on His strength. I remember a particular time in my struggling years of addiction when I would try to wade off those impure thoughts with my strength, it was so draining and exhausting and even at that, I still found myself thinking those thoughts, but after i submitted to God, I started healing.
Now, let's examine Hannah's testimony after she gave birth to Samuel, 1 Samuel 2:9b
...for by strength shall no man prevail.

She recognized the fact that man's strength is ever failing and that God's strength is only made perfect in our weakness.
If we were created perfect by God without blemishes, then no one would see the need for God.
I read a particular poem titled "Pulley" by George Herbert, a priest who wrote religious poems in the 17th century. The poem centers on how God created us imperfect by  not giving us all, lest we focus on his gifts and not on him,and also how those imperfections would make us run to God.

If goodness lead him not, yet weariness
May toss him to My breast. (Line 20 and 21)

Use your weakness to your advantage, joy in your infirmities, and seek God's grace to help you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on The Movie; THE TRAIN by Mount Zion Production

IF HE DID IT BEFORE

PLEASE OBEY