Be led

I have been trying to write an article since but I just was not able to. However, one thing I have diacovered is this, my mind has been the one calculating what to write and what not to and so I am grateful that I  was not able to write. As I was battling with that, God said, "let me be the one to tell you what to write". Seriously, I am so glad that the Holy Spirit has always been my muse for all my articles and I think that is why I was not able to pen anything as a result of my attempt to write as my mind prompts me. Being led by the spirit of God is one of the signs of being a child of God and I am glad that this is evident in what God is doing through this blog. There were times when I would have a fascinating idea in my head about what to write, but God so good, He would totally change what I write to what he wants me to write. At times, I would write an article and I would be surprised at where it would end because it would be far from what I intended to write. 

There are times in our lives when we would want to make certain decisions and would start thinking of what best to do. Our mind would be calculating how best to tackle that situation and the best technique to apply. Contemplating whether to invest in that business, to buy that car, to choose that course instead of the other elective, to rent that apartment, to buy that book, to write that article, to organise that concert, to open that blog, to choose that partner and the marriage date, please be led by God. 

These decisions may be big or at times small but you really need to involve God. I read one of the books by Joyce Meyer where she said she went to a store to buy something but then the Holy Spirit told her to drop the thing and leave the store. Humanly speaking, one would wonder what that has to do with God but indeed it concerns Him and as a child of God, it is pertinent that we are always led by him. I had to do an elective course in 200 level in school, one was a 3 unit course while the second one was a 2 unit course and they were literature courses. Now, I usually have the C grade in literature and knowing the consequences of having a C in a 3 unit course, I contemplated offering the 2 unit course. However, a senior colleague advised me to take the 3 unit course and when I prayed about it, the Lord also consented to the 3 unit course. Now, this is it, my choice of that 3 unit course was not based on what that person told me, I chose it because I got a positive reply concerning it from God. At first, I was scared of choosing it when that person advised me, but when I got led by the Lord, I had an assurance in my heart and trusted in Him for a good grade and that semester, I did not have a C in my literature course. It may seem funny that I was consulting God concerning an elective to offer, but I just knew I had to do that and it really does work for me. 

There is something that separates us as sons and daughters of the kingdom from others and that is our being led by the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:14-15  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Now, it is when we allow God to lead us in all our doings that we can take the right decisions and do his acceptable will.

 Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Now, there is a good will and there is a good, acceptable and perfect will. The good will to the human mind is enough and anyone can fulfil that, infact you don't need God's permission for that. However, in fulfilling the good, acceptable and perfect will, you need to be led by God. Do you know that it is not all good thing that is the perfect and acceptable will of God?
It is the spirit of God that leads you into his good, perfect and acceptable will. When you want to write that article or give that speech, please allow God to lead you on what to write because you don't know who that message you are writing or giving is for, you don't know who is due for God's blessing and who is to be blessed by that message. Be led by the spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on The Movie; THE TRAIN by Mount Zion Production

IF HE DID IT BEFORE

PLEASE OBEY