Laying It Down


I have found joy
Sweet, sweet joy!

I remember
When I still struggled
With life
Trying to figure things out
All by myself

Trying to live life
By my rules
Serving myself

Uh, subtle idolatry!

Trying to fulfil
My selfish desires
Consumed with "I"

Then satisfaction fled
Nothing worked out
Confusion set in

He then told me...
Lay it all down
Give it away

It was hard!

It was difficult
To let go
It was difficult
To stop being in control

But it paid off!

Clarity came
Joy was restored
Oh, how soothing it is
When we trust God

Joy! Pure joy
Awaits us!

Trust in his leading
Lay it down!

Who is in charge of your life? You or God?  Give all your plans away, let Him direct the course of your life, and you would see that He makes lives beautiful! 

Comments

  1. Brilliant. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece..... More Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Holy Spirit, I lay it all down to be led by you....
    No more agendas no more, just yours...
    No more my intelligence no more, I trust yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, He makes all things beautiful... Nice content

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Review on The Movie; THE TRAIN by Mount Zion Production

IF HE DID IT BEFORE

PLEASE OBEY